Tappy Twins is a C.I.C. (Community Interest Company) which was developed to support our young people, when they need it most. We are a forward-thinking, one stop support service that focuses on the mental and emotional health and well-being of children and adults; through 1-2-1, workshops and family support. Whilst we encourage positive and emotional well-being, we hold a firm focus on prevention.
We work with young people and their families, to learn how to take control of their experiences and emotions. We provide them with valuable tools for life; to help them overcome their fears, traumas and everyday worries. We encourage positive social and emotional well-being together with healthy lifestyle choices; by teaching problem solving, self-awareness, coping strategies, whilst focusing on confidence building.
All of our professionals use a unique combination of counselling, mentoring, therapies, coaching and strategies in our group work and 1-2-1 sessions. The majority of these therapies are energy based to help maximise on the results we achieve. Some of these include traditional EFT, Mindfulness, NLP, Picture Tapping, PSTEC and Matrix Reimprinting.
We work as part of a team within schools, councils and all agencies to identify and provide long lasting results and support for those young people and families that are facing issues or difficulties. Much of our work comes from referrals from Schools, Social Services, Family Support, Barnados and Forward Thinking Birmingham (CAMHS).
Within schools, we offer a bespoke range of services including 1-2-1 sessions, parenting classes, teacher training and group workshops for young people and staff. We also work with larger projects, for example that are government or social investor funded.
Our Mission Statement
Our Ethos is that every child deserves to be safe, happy and loved. What we believe in, is the ability of every single family that we work will move forward and overcome any obstacles they face; in order to create the lives for the children and the family that they deserve.
We will ensure that every child is listened to and heard. Whilst discussing, exploring, developing and using coping mechanisms to empower them to deal with their complex emotions.
All of this will be achieved with complete transparency, professionalism and ensure that the results are measurable.
What can help with?
We work with a wide range of children’s issues and provides them with their very own secret weapon to use for anything, at anytime and anywhere they need help. All the techniques provides a valuable addition to any parent or teachers toolkits.
- Emotional issues: depression, self harm, suicidal thoughts, anger, anxiety, panic attacks and separation anxiety
- Abuse: all types of abuse from mental, physical, neglect to emotional and sexual
- Mental Health Issues: Mood disorders, eating disorders, trauma related disorders and anxiety disorders
- School issues: stress, bullying, behavioural, attention, listening, test and exam anxiety
- Fears: for example a fear of failure and public speaking
- Addictions: Alcohol, Drugs and other addictions, the effects of living with someone addicted to alcohol or drugs
- Phobias: OCD, flying, spiders, heights, sickness and agoraphobia etc
- Social anxiety: such as being in busy places, talking to unfamiliar people and non structured days
- Sleeping issues: bed wetting. nightmares, fear of the dark and night walking
- Specific needs: including dyslexia, aspergers, autism and ADHT
- NEET: Educational issues, truancy and attendance issues
- Confidence and Self Esteem
About Tappy Town
Tappy Town is free online platform, developed with children in mind. It provides somewhere safe for them to express how they are feeling. Within the town they will find help and solutions to stress and negativity through creative visualisation and strategy support.
We developed Tappy Town, as the home of Tappy Twins to enable children to relate with other children’s issues. The Emotion Stone, the heart of the town for example, represents the coming together of the town to help others when they have problems; that are affecting them. It not only helps the individual to understand that they can in fact control how they are feeling but also promotes the need to make sure their friends and people around them can help support each other, when anyone is feeling down or unhappy. This allows the children to feel safe in the knowledge they are not alone, even when at times they feel they are.
It is really important to us that the town is exiting and interactive to enable the user to have a great experience, whilst learning vital life skills and tools to enable them to be the person they deserve to be, despite their personal experiences.