First Aid for Mental Health Course
This one-day course is designed to provide a greater awareness of mental health issues and the importance of mental well-being. Learners will build a knowledge base that can be used in a variety of health and social care roles, as well as those working in schools and other educational settings.
Who is This Course For?
This course is for all healthcare, social care, employers and educational professionals who need to refresh or improve upon their current understanding of mental health. It is also for anyone that anyone who works with, lives with or supports young people. We will train you to have the skills and confidence to step in and guide them towards the support they need. In doing so, they can speed up a young person’s recovery and stop issues from developing into a crisis.
Why Take This Course:
- 1 in 4 adults have been diagnosed with a form of mental illness at some stage during their lifetime. (Source: Annual Health Survey)
- A further 15% have less severe problems that put them at risk of developing mental health problems in the future. (Centre for Mental Health)
- In England, 1 in 6 people report experiencing a common mental health problem (such as anxiety and depression) in any given week (Adult Psychiatric Morbidity Survey: Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing)
- Half of all lifetime cases of mental illness begin by age 14. (National Institute for Mental Health)
This training course will ensure you are equipped with the relevant knowledge of mental health to be able spot the signs, help manage and provide effective support.
During this course, you will explore how mental health issues impacts individuals over their lifetime as well as the wider implications for their family and society.
The course is split in 4 manageable parts. These are:
- What is mental health?
- Anxiety and depression
The course provides you with:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- The causes, symptoms and treatment of common mental health problems
- Knowledge and confidence in spotting the signs of mental ill health
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining well-being
Price: £125 per person. If you are booking for a group, please let us know and we can deliver it at your premises.